Implant-supported dentures and implant-supported bridges are replacement teeth fixed to the gums by dental implants. If you have multiple missing teeth or an uncomfortable or loose-fitting denture, replacement teeth stabilized with implants can be a more cosmetic, comfortable and functional solution.
Our office provides a number of solutions for implant supported teeth, based on our patients’ individual needs. Common, branded names for these restorations are All-On-Four, Teeth in a Day, Hybridge, Locator Dentures, and others. We offer these treatments and more; however, we stress that each of our patients typically have specific needs that require a custom solution to create an ideal smile.
Dr. Mullens and Dr. Nguyen believe that these treatments should be lifetime restorations, and as such, they require careful planning and execution. Typically, these life-changing restorations cannot be accomplished in a single day, as many advertise, nor should they. The oral tissues require time to stabilize and heal in order to create the ideal conditions for long-term health.
Dr. Mullens and Dr. Nguyen have extensive training and experience in dental implants, and we are able to provide the entire scope of this treatment in-house. We routinely perform the surgical phase, restorative phase, and all follow up care for our patients without them having to visit another dental office.
Quality and long-term availability of support and parts are important considerations when choosing your surgeon and the dental implants they use. In this day of generic copies and knockoff implants and surgical components, we are proud to use only the highest quality implants and components from Dentsply Ankylos and Dentsply Astra, manufacturers that pioneered this treatment over 40 years ago.
- To schedule a consultation with our doctors, please call our office (904) 399-3163, or use our Appointment Request page.
What are the benefits of dentures and bridges supported by dental implants?
- People who opt for implant-supported bridges or dentures are more confident when they talk, laugh, and eat in public. You'll never have to worry about your false teeth slipping or falling out while you eat or are engaged in conversation.
- Implant-supported dentures are far more comfortable because they are secure and feel like natural teeth. There is also less irritation of gum tissue; patients who have conventional dentures often suffer pain and canker sores.
- Implant-supported bridgework and dentures look more natural than conventional dentures. Wearing implant-supported dentures can also help your appearance in the long term by preventing jaw shrinkage and bone loss.
- Patients with conventional dentures sometimes have difficulty with speaking clearly. Slurred speech and clicking noises are common problems. Implant-supported dentures can help you relax and talk easily with a more clear and natural voice.
- Best of all, with implant-supported dentures, there is no need to use denture adhesives. Implant bridges and dentures are fixed in place.